RULES AND REGULATIONS CISCE has framed this set of rules and regulations by incorporating the existing rules and regulations of various sports federation. These are essential to conduct the national events smoothly and successfully and should be strictly adhered to by the host regions of the national events and the participants
A. CATEGORIES There shall be six categories:
1. Sub Junior Boys
2. Sub Junior Girls
3. Junior Boys
4. Junior Girls
5. Senior Boys
6. Senior Girls
1. Age & Status
(a) Sub Juniors (Under 14) Girls and Boys born on or after 01/01/2009 and not studying below 6th standard.
(b) Juniors (Under 17): Girls and boys born on or after 01/01/2006 and studying in class 12th or below but not studying below 6th standard.
(c) Seniors (Under 19): Girls and boys born on or after 01/01/2004 and studying in class 12th or below but not studying below 6th standard.
2. Eligibility: Participants must be bonafide students of CISCE affiliated schools.
3. Documents for Registration: (a) One set of Registration form duly completed and signed by the Principal of the concerned school. (b) Photocopy of Aadhar Card (Photocopy of the Passport in case of overseas students only). (c) Photocopy of the Mark-sheet/Report Card of the previous class attended duly attested by the principal. (d) Photocopy of Birth certificate issued by the competent authority of the State/Central Government attested by a Gazetted officer. Any participant who does not have all the documents as mentioned above will not be allowed to participate in the CISCE games.
4. A player of the lower age category may compete in the senior age category under the following conditions: (a) Such a player cannot participate in two categories of the same discipline.
(b) Such a player may participate in one discipline in one category and in another discipline in another category.
(c) However, any one participant can participate in maximum three games/discipline. C.
C. GENERAL RULES AND GUIDELINES
1. The Registration charges for participating in any CISCE National Games and Sports event will be Rs.2,400/- for a two-day event, Rs.3,600/- for a three-day event and Rs. 4,800/- for a four-day event. The registration charges are payable mandatorily for all the participants irrespective of the fact whether the concerned participant avails the 3 accommodation provided or not. The registration charges cover organization of the event, accommodation, food and transport. In case of CISCE Regional Games & Sports where no accommodation is provided the maximum amount that can be charged by the organizers will be Rs.600/- per day.
2. Intimation regarding participation must reach the host 15 days in advance.
3. The final entries for each event must reach the host school 7 days in advance.
4. The participants / teams must report and depart as per the schedule of the events. The travel details must be informed to the host well in advance for suitable arrangements. Early arrivals or delayed departures must be avoided, as these shall not be the responsibility of the host school.
5. Parents of the participants are not allowed as escorting officials, neither will they be permitted to enter the venue except in the capacity of a spectator. Any parent/ guardian misbehaving during the event will not be allowed to enter the venue for that day. Strict action will be initiated against the participating student, whose parent is found to misbehave/create problem at the venue relating to selection.
6. Only those escorts approved by the Regional Coordinator will be permitted to act on behalf of the participants.
7. Any escorts, other than the managers and coaches approved by CISCE, will not be catered to by the host.
8. The schedule and venues of the sports and games events are the prerogative of the CISCE.
9. Only the Executive Committee of the CISCE has the authority to amend, modify, change, annul or interpret the rules, regulations and guidelines stated in this Sports Rule Book of CISCE games and sports.
10. The decision of the officials / judges / referees / umpires at any event is final and will be binding on all the participants.
11. The Code of conduct must be strictly complied by all officials accompanying students.
12. In case of disputes / misconduct, the team players are liable to be debarred / suspended from all future events.
13. Strict action will be taken against Coach/Manager using abusive/ unparliamentary language. Written complaint to be forwarded by the Observer to the CISCE.
14. All the Participants (Students/Coaches/Managers) participating in the CISCE Zone/Regional/ National Sports & Games should have the COVID -19 Vaccination Certificate (Double Dose/ Precaution dose as applicable).
D. GENERAL RULES FOR SPORTS EVENTS
1. Sports events will be conducted as per the rules and regulations of the various Sports Bodies in the country. Yet, in case of necessity, rules may be adapted as per the local needs and situations with the approval of the CISCE.
2. The team manager/incharge should be present in the meeting of the managers.
3. Fixtures will be finalized at the managers’ meeting.
4 . The teams with managers and coaches must report to the officials thirty minutes before the schedule of the matches.
5. The team that does not report on time will be disqualified after waiting for 30 minutes from the scheduled time and the opponent will get a ‘walk – over’.
6. The managers and coaches must ensure the discipline of their respective teams for the smooth conduct of the games.
7. Each team should have its own proper color (dress code), as specified by the CISCE and the kit/equipment as per the requirement of the game in question. Teams/participants will not be allowed to participate in case the same design/pattern dress code is not followed.
8. Every member of the team will be compulsorily verified, and the eligibility approved by the officials prior to the commencement of the event.
9. The CISCE, in consultation with the Regional Coordinator and the Host, shall constitute an Organizing Committee for each event to be conducted.
10. The Regional Coordinator and the Host shall form a team of well qualified officials for the conduct of the events in question. Any incompetent official, if found, should be replaced forthwith.
11. There shall be a three-member Jury of Appeal consisting of a member of CISCE National Executive and two persons of knowledge and expertise from the place of the event.
12. The Jury of Appeal will deal with all matters of disputes and settle them amicably in all fairness and justice within a specific time period. Its decision shall be final and binding.
13. All matters of dispute must be filed in writing endorsed by the manager and the coach with a fee of Rs. 1,000/- within 30 minutes of the announcement of the result of the event in question to the Selection committee. If the appeal is upheld the deposit will be refunded; if not, the total amount will be forfeited. Participants are not permitted to appeal to the jury directly.
14. The manager or the coach must form part of the contingent at the opening and closing ceremonies of the events with their respective regional flags.
15. During the conduct of the event/match, the Manager should ensure the required discipline of his/her team as directed by the officials.
16. Overall Championship will be decided, considering the total number of points scored by the participants. The same will apply to decide the team championships in each category.
17. In case of a ‘tie’ in championships the same will be broken by considering the number of Golds won by the tied regions; if it remains inconclusive, then the Silvers won will be considered and so on.
18. Participants should be prepared for any eventuality during the events such as injury, postponement, change in schedule, collision in schedule, bad weather etc. for which appropriate measures must be taken. 5
19. No participant is to be absent from the venue even if his/her event is not scheduled. Changes will be notified only through the P/A system. No protest will be accepted for missing an event due to unforeseen situations.
20. Teams must adhere to the daily time-table for meals etc. without fail.
21. Any shopping, sightseeing etc. will be the sole responsibility of the team escorts.
22. Team Escorts: Team Manager – 1, One Boys coach and one Girls coach. Any other escorts other than the above mentioned will be charged separately as per the rates decided by the Organizing Committee.
23. All the games/matches will be conducted on a “league cum knockout” format.
24. There shall be a Three/Four-member Selection Committee consisting of an Observer, Principal Coordinator/ Host School Principal and one/two spotters for the selection of the CISCE National Team. The selected team list will be announced by the Observer after the Prize distribution ceremony on the last day of the event. Presently there is no clarity about the conduct of the National School Games (hosted by SGFI). However, if at a later stage, National School Games is conducted and CISCE decides to participate in it, the winner/ selected team will represent the CISCE National Team.
25. All the students who will participate at the CISCE National Games and Sports should have insurance cover of Rs. 1 lakh (Accidental and Medical insurance both).
E. POINTS TABLE Gold Medal –
1st Position – Five points. Silver Medal –
2nd Position – Three points. Bronze Medal –
3rd Position – One point. Note: In case of a ‘tie’ for any position the points of that position alone will be equally shared among the ‘tied’ participants.
F. AWARD & CERTIFICATE
1. Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded for the First, Second and Third positions respectively.
2. Merit Certificate for the winners and participation certificates will be awarded for the rest. Both merit and participation certificates will not be awarded to the same participant.
3. While preparing the certificates, details mentioned in the Registration Form will be treated as final. Correction requests, if any, should be accompanied with application along with fees of Rs. 100.
4. In case of Joint winners/Tie in any event/team championship the recipient of the award at the prize distribution ceremony will be determined by toss of coin.
5.CISCE will send the trophy to the other joint winner student/region subsequently. ( after a period of 6 months).
G. INDIVIDUAL & TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS
1. Archery : Team Championship in all categories and best archer in each category (6)
2. Athletics : (a) Best athletes in all categories (6) (b) Championships in all categories (6) (c) Overall Championship (1)
3. Badminton : Team Championships and individual singles event in all categories (6)
4. Basketball : Team Championships in all categories (6)
5. Boxing : Team Championship in all categories (6)
6. Carrom : Team Championships in all categories (6)
7. Chess : Team Championships in all categories (6)
8. Cricket : Team Championships in three categories (Boys) and team championship in two categories (Girls) (U14 and U17) (5)
9. Football : Team Championships in all categories (6)
10. Gymnastics : Team Championships and individual events in six categories (6)
11. Hockey : Team Championships in three categories – Boys (3)
12. Kabaddi : Team Championships in three categories – Boys (3)
13. Karate : Team Championships in six categories – Boys and Girls (6)
14. Kho-Kho : Team Championships in all categories – Girls (3)
15. Lawn Tennis : Team Championships and individual singles event in all categories (6)
16. Rugby : Team championships in two categories (U14 and U17) – Boys (2)
17. Shooting : Team Championships in all categories – Boys and Girls (6)
18. Skating : Team Championships in all categories – Boys and Girls (6)
19. Swimming & Diving : (a) Best swimmers & divers in all categories (6) (b) Championships in all categories (6) (c) Overall Championship (1)
20. Table Tennis : Team Championships in all categories – Boys and Girls and Individual Singles Event (6)
21. Taekwondo : Team Championships in all categories – Boys and Girls (6)
22. Throwball : Team Championships in all categories – Girls (3)
23. Volleyball : Team Championships in all categories – Boys and Girls (6) 24. Yoga : Team Championships in all categories – Boys and Girls (6)